Become an oocyte (egg) donor
Demand for egg donors is very high
Make your own life more meaningful by becoming an egg donor and help other women experience the joys of parenthood.
How to become a candidate
Making the decision to participate in the egg donation programme will make your life more meaningful because you will be giving someone else a chance to fulfil their dream of having a baby. You will also be rewarded for your kindness and time for this. You will undergo a free medical screening and be assessed by medical specialists who will answer all of your questions regarding your health status.
We are looking for egg donors to help people who are having difficulty conceiving using their own eggs to become a complete family. If you are interested in becoming an egg donor, you must be a permanent resident of Lithuania. There are a few further criteria you must meet in order to become a candidate for egg donation.
How to qualify:
- Age: 20-35 years
- Education: Post-secondary education (this is a minimal requirement)
- You have no history of recurring spontaneous miscarriages.
- You can provide your family’s (including grandparents’) medical records.
- You are a non-smoker who does not use drugs, nor drink alcohol (or you only drink it moderately).
- You are not pregnant and not breast-feeding. You can attend 3-5 times per month for egg monitoring and collection.
- You have compulsory health insurance. You have a BMI between 24 and 28. Both insufficient and excessive body weight may affect your reproductive system.
Fulfilment of these criteria is necessary for provision of the optimal success rate to people who apply for donor services.
If you wish to initiate the application process, you are welcome at our centre to complete the questionnaire for potential egg donors.
If you are accepted onto the egg donation programme, you will be asked to stop taking any birth control pills or to remove any IUDs from your uterus (for example, a T-shaped intrauterine device or a contraceptive implant). Your normal menstrual cycle needs to be restored before participation in the egg donation programme. Specialists do not recommend that you change your birth control option due to participation in the egg donation programme if your GP or gynaecologist does not approve this.
Even if you meet the minimal requirements, it is still possible that you may not qualify as a donor. Information regarding the reasons for your disqualification from the egg donation programme shall not be provided. Please carefully consider whether our egg donation policy is acceptable before you decide to participate.
Should you have any more questions, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org