Gynaecology is the branch of physiology and medicine that deals with the functions and diseases specific to the female reproductive system.
A woman can experience gynaecological problems at any stage of life. Gynaecological diseases can cause health issues and produce a negative impact on a woman’s sexual life and living standards.
Obstetricians-gynaecologists at Northway Medical Centre consult, diagnose, and treat various gynaecological diseases. As well as performing ultrasonic scanning and surgeries.
They also diagnose early pregnancy, consult and provide care for women during pregnancy and after birth, and consult couples about family planning. Those who want to avoid unintended pregnancy receive recommendations on reliable contraception. The gynaecologist and patient choose the most acceptable method of contraception together.
Gynaecologists-obstetricians also diagnose and treat menstrual cycle disorders, advice on how to relieve the symptoms of menopause, and recommend preventive measures. If necessary, they prescribe an alternative hormone replacement therapy.
Gynaecologists-obstetricians consult on infertility as well. Our centre offers various infertility treatment methods to couples that want to have children but cannot conceive. The choice of treatment methods, including surgeries, to be applied to a woman, a man or both partners depends on the type of infertility problem. Various insemination procedures offered by Northway Fertility Centre in Vilnius solve more serious infertility problems.
Gynaecologists-obstetricians recommend every woman to take a yearly diagnostic examination to discover gynaecological diseases on time.
Gynaecologists-obstetricians recommend visiting a doctor in the following cases:
• After the first period arrives;
• you are planning to start sexual activity and want to choose the most suitable and reliable contraception;
• you are planning to have a baby or cannot conceive;
• you are pregnant;
• you are experiencing menstrual disorders;
• you have questions on how to avoid venereal diseases;
• you are experiencing the symptoms of menopause;
• you want to check if you have any gynaecological diseases, uterine and ovary fibroids (cysts, myomas, polyps);
• you want to get advice on how to protect yourself from venereal diseases.